February 15, 2011

Help! Some Advice Needed Regarding A Fish Pond Kit

Today, I would like to share an email I received from Tony, a subscriber to my newsletter, who lives in the UK.


Tony is new to pond keeping and was looking for some advice relating to a fish pond kit that had been given to him by a neighbour.

"Sean,

I have just registered with your organisation and I need help and hope you can advise me. I would be most grateful for any assistance whatsoever as I am a complete novice in respect of ponds.

Last year as a birthday present I was given a complete pond kit after my neighbour, having a clear out, gave me an unused but shed soiled fibreglass pond. Now that I have got this pond liner in place I plan this spring to set it all up. I am not sure if I need a pond filter (I will eventually have fish) or whether the pre filter in the pump (part of the kit) will be adequate to deal with the water capacity which I have calculated to be 1500 litres.

The kit I have got is a Gardenline PLU 481 by Heissner UK who I am unable to contact as I presume they have gone bust or closed down. So I am struggling.

I am a pensioner so not a lot of dosh is available but I would like to get things up and running so my grandchildren and the rest of the family can enjoy this feature which forms an integral part of my small but rescued garden and is adjacent to an old concrete pond, put in buy a previous owner that is being converted to a marsh area; to attract wildlife.

I am getting older so I need to get this sorted soon otherwise I will have to abandon the project and fill the pond in.

If I do need another filter Argos have some in stock and wonder if a Fishmate 2500 litre pond gravity filter UVC will suit? (But what does the gravity description mean?)

Please help.

Regards,
Tony.


To see my reply go to http://www.garden-pond-filters.com/newsletters/Pond_Kit_Advice.htm

Learn how to choose the right pond keeping equipment online, to save money, Guaranteed! Go to http://www.garden-pond-filters.com/ to learn everything you need to know NOW!